YOGA JARGONASANA – Talk the Talk. Free the mind. Leave the ass behind.
* No need to consult your doctor to begin this practice. * Simply memorize the phrasing and amaze your friends!
* Cliche’s in bold for easy reference*
My own journey in this ancient practice began 40 years ago, before many fellow yogis had co-created with the Universe, manifesting into their cycle of birth and death. Richard Hittleman’s PBS show was the only pathway in my physical realm.
Now, yoga is abundant. Doctors prescribe it willy-nilly. Bible Belters no longer view it as a sinful distraction to the Ole Time Religion, with the advent of Christ-Centered Yoga. .
Everyone wants the benefits – flexibility, compassion for sentient beings, a firm butt, and so forth. And yet, And yet! – We resist, clinging to old patterns that NO LONGER SERVE US!
Reasons to resist yoga:
“I want to do yoga, but I can’t do yoga, because I’m not flexible.” The irony of this rivals a Zen Koan.
“I’m too old, young, short, tall, fat, thin, uncoordinated. I’ll look stupid. Plus I can’t miss “Game of Thrones.”
“I’ve had six knee replacements, thumb by-pass surgery, gluten paralysis, chronic dry eye, bubonic plague, lactose intolerance, ED, Low T and I’d mess up my pedicure.”
With so many reasons to not actually PRACTICE yoga, I’ve created YOGA JARGONASA, an aural/verbal practice that everyone can enjoy, without moving a muscle. Let’s begin.
YOGA JARGONASANA (A)
- Find a comfortable seated posture. Center yourself. Tune in. Listen to your body. Let go of past and future. Be in the Now, which is all we have.
- Gently bring attention to the breath, and deepen it. Inhaling – gathering renewed energy. Exhaling: Letting go of that WHICH NO LONGER SERVES US.
- The word “Yoga” in Sanskrit means “to yoke.” Through the breath or “Prana,” we unite/yoke body, mind and spirit.
- Focus on each breath. As thoughts intrude, simply notice, allowing them to pass over, like clouds in the vast sky.
ASANAS (POSES) CONDENSED JARGONASANA (B)
WARNING: DO NOT ATTEMPT ANY OF THE FOLLOWING POSES AT HOME. SIMPLY ALLOW THE WORDS TO PASS THROUGH YOUR MIND, LIKE CLOUDS IN A VAST SKY.
- VINYASANA A, B, C. TAKE TADASANA. ADHO MUKHA. PADA HASTASANA. CHATURANGA DANDASANA. VIBRABHADRASANA (1 AND 2) NAVASANA. SURYA NAMASCAR (4 ROUNDS) TRIKKONASANA. PRASARITAPADOTTANASA. END WITH BLAH, BLAH, BLAHASNA.
SAVASANA – FINAL RELAXATION
- LIE DOWN IN CORPSE POSE. Do whatever you need to MAXIMIZE YOUR COMFORT, ALLOW ALL POSES TO RADIATE THROUGH YOUR BODY, MIND AND SPIRIT.
- ALLOW YOUR BODY TO SINK INTO THE EARTH. VISUALIZE HEALING LIGHT AS IT MOVES UP FROM ROOT TO CROWN CHAKRA.
- Release all mental chatter. Give yourself permission to “just be.” WHEN THOUGHTS INTRUDE, SIMPLY ACKNOWLDEGE AND LET THEM PASS OVER LIKE CLOUDS in the VAST SKY.
- READ: RUMI QUOTE OR POEM, i.e. “The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”
COMING OUT/ENDING MEDITATION
- WIGGLE FINGERS AND TOES, GENTLY COMING BACK INTO FULL AWARENESS.
- ROLL ONTO YOUR RIGHT SIDE, FEELING NURTURED BY THE EARTH and GENTLY, find YOUR WAY INTO A SEATED POSTURE.
* Read another RUMI QUOTE OR POEM: i.e., “What you seek is seeking you”.
- Let’s chant OM three times together. OM OM OM
- HANDS IN ANJALI MUDRA (HEART CENTER) BOW.
- “The divine light in me honors the divine light in you.”